smowtion

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Operating system installation problems

PROBLEM:-  Wasup ppl.. I'm having dificluty installing any operating system on my computer.. I have a p4 2.4 system which worked great untill my fn friend installed his hd on my comp to see if it would work on mine, cuz his wouldn't.. ever since my comp hasnt worked, but it goes through the boot up seqeuence and halts when coming to operating system.. so I formated the hd without any problems, and now cannot install any operating system.. the most recent error mssg i got was "cannot copy wmilib.sys" which is on winxp pro... im thinking it may be some serious virus, but i would think that a fresh install would help, but not so.. pls help.

http://www.computerforum.com/47528-operating-system-installation-problemss.html

 FORUM SUGGESTION:-


Bronze Member

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 96
Default

Are you still using you friends hard drive? When you're trying to install windows does it stop at the same place every time? If it does, make sure the disk isnt scratched or dirty. If it was a virus, it would have been wiped out when you reformatted the hdd.
nick5449 is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
New Member

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
Default

No, Im not using his hd, it was just for checking purposes, now I've installed my hd, and the error mssg's come up from every operating system i try to install.. i have win98, 2000 pro, and xp, which have worked great in the past, but not this time around... the disks are pretty clean..
lodidodi is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #4

VIP Member

Trizoy's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mountain View, Ca
Posts: 4,685
Default

This is a new partition and format on the HD?
__________________
01100110 01100001 01110010 01110100
Trizoy is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
New Member

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
Default

yes, i formatted the original os with intentions to do a fresh install..
lodidodi is offline Report Post   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message


Unread Today, 01:11 PM   #6
New Member

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Hello I once faced the same problem you encountered when I purchased a dell P.4 2.8ghz, 512RAM (256 x 2). I tried installing OS but at a time it will tell me cannot copy file. I tried different XP disc even a new one, all to no avail. I later detected that one of the RAM I installed on it is faulty in the sense that it cannot load the operating but will work fine after OS has been installed. I was able to load the OS after I removed the RAM.

My advice is that you should try an use another RAM when loading OS and make sure installation disc is clean.

Last edited by teenet; Today at 01:13 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment